Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Master Bedroom Part 1: New Bedding

Part 1: New Bedding. Do you like all the different textures and shades of browns/earth tones? Is it too much?

Part 1a: Note that our bed is no longer on the floor! That's right...I found some shady guy selling new queen sized split box spring on Craigslist. He claims it's a real business...but I'm not convinced. But hey they were half the price and brand new...and if we don't like them, they'll go into the guest room and we'll get new "real" box springs. Sorry Moms and Dads...I swear they are fine! We've been sleeping on them for several nights and personally I think they do the job well! Don't let this deter you from coming to visit us!

Part 2, 3, 4, etc...will include making an upholstered headboard (yes you read that correctly-I have BIG plans!), window treatments, real matching furniture, and paint...in time.

We moved the bench (used to be in our entryway) to the bedroom at the end of our bed. Also note our real Turkish rug...carried all the way from Turkey! Compliments of Mom and Dad K! Thank you! (Thinking I might want a more contemporary rug in our bedroom eventually and maybe move this to the entryway. Thoughts?)

p.s. Dad K thinks we should consider moving the bed elsewhere and using the window area as a little sitting/reading area. Thoughts? I'm open to any and all suggestions!



1 comment:

  1. I agree with Dad - You lose some space by having the bed there... maybe put the bed on an angle in one of the corners, and get a nice chair for the window... As much as it's nice to have so much light above your bed, I think you'd rather have the light over a sitting area... Just a thought. I love all the linens!!

    ReplyDelete