Monday, November 7, 2011

Guest Room Update

As many of you already know - we had quite the exciting weekend over here. I won't bore you all with the details. All I'll say is that the little person threatened to make an extra-early appearance. After listening to what I had to say, he/she decided that perhaps it wasn't time to come out and play yet. Thank goodness (for now.)

So I don't have much to share with you this week, except this little update on the Guest Room. You may remember that I posted about the ice dam damage last year. If not - there was damage from ice dams last winter. (good- now that you're caught up we can move on.) The damage was primarily seen in the guest room. We're working on remedying the situation before winter is fully upon us. Anyhow in the meantime we had the inside issues addressed.

Here's a glimpse at how things have been looking since last winter:





While we had the painters at the house we decided to fix up the ceiling in the guest room as well. First everything had to scraped down. Then it had to be re-plastered. Here's how that looked...


After a day of drying everything was sanded down and re-painted. I didn't take a picture. Sorry about that! You'll just have to use your imagination.
At least it's done!

On to more important things - like getting some work done so I can go home and sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment