Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Paint for the Baby's Room

We've officially decided (well months ago really) that we're not going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Neither of us feel that strongly about knowing so why not get to have one last BIG surprise!

I've heard from several people just how exciting it is to NOT know the sex of your baby. Comments range from enjoying the surprise to the idea that labor is much easier since you just can't wait to meet your little boy or girl. So that's the plan!

Of course, this does make it more difficult to prepare the baby's room and buy things. But those of you who know me, know that I'm the farthest thing from a girly girl so I wouldn't be doing an all pink room even if I was having girl. Same for a boy. Just because it's a boy doesn't mean everything has to be blue. That said, it was time to make a decision on a more general neutral room design. I wanted something that was a tad more sophisticated and wasn't filled with the typical pastel colors and nursery animals. So the big plan: darker grey walls, white trim, white furniture, and pops of color---all colors. Might sound a little crazy--but you'll see as it comes along.

First step: Paint.

The first grey I picked was too dark.



So we had the sample lightened a tad:



I went a little crazy with my sampling, but hey we can always paint over it! Anyhow, the lighter (but still dark) grey wins! I can't wait to get the room painted. It's been in this state for quite some time---but we'll get there eventually.

To tide you over--here's a 23 week photo. I have to admit, I am a little shocked every time I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment