Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mid-Century Modern Love

I have a secret love for all things mid-century modern. Ok fine, it's not that much of a secret. Did you know that about me? Michael does. He thinks it's weird. He thinks I'm weird. Oh well.

But then again, if home furnishing were left up to him, we'd be sitting on milk crates and sleeping on an aerobed with mis-matched sheets and 12 blankets, but no comforter. FACT.

One day a few weeks ago there was a "Deal of the Day" sale on Rue La La. Or was it HauteLook, or perhaps it was Ideeli, or maybe it was One Kings Lane. Regardless, the sale was on one of my all time favorite mid-century modern pieces, the Eames Rocking Chair. Ok perhaps it's not a REAL one, but it's gosh darn close enough!

Because I constantly seek approval (FACT-hahaha), I took a picture of the image on my computer screen and texted it to Michael. Even though he thought I was nuts, he said go ahead and buy it crazy girl. So I did!

Here's what it looks like in the living room. It may not live there forever, but for the time being I'm enjoying the new look.







What do you think?

p.s. I spy the BEAUTIFUL birthday flowers sent to me by my awesome sister! They smell great! and look awesome too!

1 comment: