Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Living Room Update

Our living room is a constant work in progress.

Some of you may already know that a few weeks ago I found some rugs on sale through Rue La La that I thought were good buys. The main driving forces behind purchasing some rugs was #1-Add to our decor! And more importantly, #2-To have more comfortable places to the Blakester to lay down. Of course I had to make my purchase fast because everything decent on Rue La La goes FAST! I didn't want to miss my opportunity. As you know all, I've never claimed to be an "impulse buyer," but I pulled the trigger and made the purchase. (Who knew rugs were so expense! I do now!)

Sadly the rug did not arrive before the Blakester left us. We miss him!

Anyhow...when we arrived home from Bermuda (more on that later) our new rug was waiting for us. Tear for the Blakester! Well, the rug was already purchased so we might as well enjoy it.

I know this isn't everyone's favorite look, but I thought for the price it would be perfect! I also loved that it would be a dual purpose rug. By that I mean it will work in both our living room and bedroom. For now it will live in the living room, but when I'm tired of seeing in there it will have a new home in our bedroom and I get to make a new purchase for the living room! The best part about it is that it will totally transform both rooms! It'll be nice to switch up the living room in the future also!

Yeah yeah I know you don't really care about what I have to say, you just want to see pictures. Here it is:








After seeing the rug in pictures, I want to move it forward in the room so it is under the tv as well. That said...I don't really care to take the time and energy to unplug all the tv components and move everything. Perhaps when we get a new entertainment center we'll do that at once.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice--warms up the room. Good choice, even though I was somewhat doubting at first. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete